Sunday, March 29, 2015

Spring Tea Table Decorations- Peeps Centerpiece



Each year, my church has a ladies tea.  We have a different theme each year and table decorators decorate their tables with pretty dishes and something that ties it to the theme.  This year's theme was "Seasons."  I used it as a reason to use some of my thrift store finds to decorate a spring themed table.  The other bonus was my table had mostly young ladies under 12 years old, so I was able to be a little more whimsy!

First the plates, sauces, and 4 cups were from a little church thrift store.  They are marked "Made in England", "Snow White Regency Johnson Brothers", and "Ironside Johnson Brothers."  I got the set of 8 plates, 7 saucers, random small and medium bowls, and 4 cups for $4.  Yep!  That is is.  I added in 4 other "Made in England" cups from the local Habitat Restore for $2 and had a set (except for one saucer- I thought I had 8!).  The cups are all in great condition and the plates, bowls, and saucers are in various states- some chips, discoloration, etc.  But many are in good condition and certainly good enough for my sweet young ladies so I did not have to worry!

I used a few other pieces, not so clearly seen on the picture above- a piece of milk class, a swirl milk glass bowl, a Princess House cake pedestal, my Pampered Chef trifle bowl (flowers inserted), and a crystal cut candy jar.  My flat ware was an old set of my grandmothers.  The glasses were new from Marshalls ($6.99 for 8!).

Overall the table was very low cost.  The candy was probably the most expensive part (and the potted plant). I did a Peeps centerpiece (I made entire Peeps Pinterest board) but used toothpicks (rather than hot glue) so we could eat them later.  I filled the tea cups with paper Easter grass and jelly beans.  The candy dish is filled with Robbins eggs candy (later I taught the girls how to decorate their lips with them!).  I provided some cute zip lock bags so the girls could all take home their candy later.  Each girl also had a place card with a 2.5 x 2.5 frame from Michaels.  Not only was it cute, it filled up the table.  The church provides the lunch on a plastic clear plate, so I added some felt flowers to my plain white plates for a little color and some thick pink straws.

Overall, it was quite cute, low fuss, and user friendly for young ladies.  I thought it turned out nice!  Hopefully you will be inspired and not feel tea decorations have to be overly done.  I will post pictures of other beautiful tables soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment