Friday, February 13, 2015

My Etsy Store- Pyrex

My husband was a Pyrex collector.  We have tons of pink and blue Pyrex.  He bought it at antique stores, garage sales, and thrift stores over many years way before Etsy came to be.  It is so kitschy and retro.  We love it and used it often with big groups since we have over 12 place settings complete of the pink.  It is stored in large cabinets in our garage- some beginning to make it's way to Etsy.

My grandmother gave me a set of the Pyrex mixing bowls many years ago and we use them everyday.  We could never be resell them (even if we wanted to) because they show definite wear.  She gave them to me because she knew I would use them, not just admire them (or sell them!).

Pyrex just screams retro kitchen.  You cannot help but think of the kitchens in the 50's and 60's with the variety of colors and patterns.  My sister told me today that even grocery stores would sell Pyrex dishes as promotions- like a green casserole dish for $.79 with purchase of three Heinz products!

Pyrex just has a piece of my heart.  I love finding it at estate sales (always well over priced!) and at thrift store (random pieces with small resell profit).  Today I found a piece of the wheat casserole dishes and a lid that matched nothing!  I bought them both.

{I found a set of shot glasses (not pyrex) that had wheat on them also.  It made me ask why the wheat pattern was popular.  I did a little searching and found nothing... anyone know?}

So as I am searching here and there for dishes to sell on my Etsy Store The Dish And A Spoon, I will hopefully come across great little pieces of Pyrex to add to my store and my collection (this turquoise wheat Pyrex casserole bowl is for sale currently!).

1 comment: