Sunday, February 8, 2015

Dish-o-Holic

My mother is a dish-o-holic.  My husband is a dish-o-holic.  I had some moments that I was obsessed with different patterns and eras, but then children came along and my focus turned elsewhere. But I benefit greatly from my husbands obsession with Pyrex and my mother's obsession with china.  They both would scour sales, thrift stores, and estate sales in the early 2000's (before the competition was so great) and would get great deals on beautiful dishes.

In my quest of finding alternative income, I thought of doing an Etsy shop based on this love of dishes that are around my house.  I went to our local Habitat for Humanity ReStore and happened across some great finds.  One is so incredibly cute it probably will not make it to my Etsy store, but that is the purpose.

Dishes bring back so many memories of family- family holidays, dinners, Bigmama's cooking, Grandma's kitchen, marriages, and fun finds.  There is so much character in the patterns, colors, flea bites, and chips.  Dishes are more than just utilitarian.  They are part of your history and part of your legacy.

Join me in exploring these legacies of dishes that I own, my family owns, and dishes I find. 

No comments:

Post a Comment